Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I'm with The Press

Still in Fair Prep Mode here at Woodhaven. My photos have been entered (two of Rob's, too). I have assembled all my Fair Gear (t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, bags). And our kitchen table has been designated The Staging Area since Monday.

We have acquired all of our discounted tickets, plus free ones for Friday courtesy of Fred Meyer. In years past, the local newspaper has very generously provided me free entry and parking tickets for each day that I blog for them. We are understandably on our own for Rob's entry. And sadly, no food reimbursements. Newspapers are struggling enough as it is.

This year, though, for my tickets the newspaper went one better. Look at this!!!


I have a badge!! And a "Credential" parking pass! I am Credentialed!!! Like, official and everything! How awesome is that?!?

After calming down a bit after John at the newspaper handed me MY CREDENTIALS, it suddenly occurred to me that the badge thingy is sort of like a press pass. I got all excited again, bouncing in the passenger seat, until Rob wisely pointed out that maybe I don't want everyone to know I am "with the press" when I am walking around The Fair. Because, you know, I want to experience the Fair like everyone else. And I don't want anyone acting any differently around me in fear that they might appear in my blog. Because, honestly, they are going to be called out anyway if they are bloggable, but it's better if it's organic.

Nevertheless, I am one giddy girl over this piece of plastic on a lanyard. And since it has a date and a happy little seal with a beach ball on it, I don't have to give it back and can keep it as a souvenir forever and ever.

I think I'll only wear my badge to get into the Fair each day and then tuck it safely inside my Fair Swag Cinch Sack. But, if I'm honest, there's a really good possibility I'll wear it while I'm blogging at home. Perhaps with a fedora, too.

He doesn't have a Smartphone either

2 comments:

Carol In Salmon Creek said...

Just reading this, I'm giddy for you too! Congrats on joining the "official" Columbian press team. :)
(And I'd say "have fun", but I think that it's redundant in this case...LOL)

SharonShibas said...

I am sooooo excited for you! I love this time of year when you are "All Fair All The Time"...your hubby called that one perfectly. I will be following you on Facebook and here on your blog. May the officially credentialled, organized news reporter get her game on for the first day!! PS Love the Seal with the ball tag and your VIP parking pass :-)