Thursday, August 1, 2024

FAIR Eve!

Just one restless night’s sleep until FAIR!!!!! 

YES, it is my most favorite season of the year – CLARK COUNTY FAIR SEASON!

This unbridled excitement is Fair warning that this blog is about to be consumed by All Things Fair for the next couple of weeks. It is the year’s best escape from reality, as my most pressing decisions become which fair-themed earrings to wear each day and which flavor of Smashers and Shave Ice I want to inhale.

Truth be told, I’m a little tentative about the Fair starting tomorrow. Or, rather, my ability to attack it with my typical gusto. We have been traveling a bit, without a lot of rest in between. We recently returned from a hot and humid cruise with family – which was enormously fun! – with me toting an unwelcomed souvenir of a cold. I tested negative for Covid – and I am past the CDC-recommended quarantine period anyway. But I am nonetheless not at my preferred level of pre-Fair energy and spunk. But I have faith that one good whiff of kettle corn and livestock hay will kick me into gear! I CAN'T WAIT!!

Rob and I will be volunteering in two different locations again this year – in the Passport to Fun Gazebo (aka Unofficial Information Booth) and the Fine Arts & Crafts department in the Big Air Conditioned Building. We have such a blast being a PART of the Fair and not just Fair Fanatics! 

But that also means that my blogging will lag a bit since we have 3 shifts before the weekend is over and 3 others scattered here and there. Rest assured, though, I will be writing and eating and photographing and soaking up every greasy, sticky drop of my beloved Fair! And I will do my darndest to help you feel like you are fairing right along with me.

For you social media types, please join me on my fair-dedicated Instagram account - @its_the_fair. I typically post about a half-dozen photos each day throughout the day, only some of which make encore appearances in the blog. Plus it's mostly real-time!

I feel like I am as ready as I can be. I have my stack of Fair-themed t-shirts on my dresser. My Fair-imprinted cinch sack is stocked with fresh Tums, dental floss, lip balm, and a nail file. A new tube of sunscreen is on the bathroom vanity. All our pre-acquired entry and parking passes are artfully displayed on our kitchen table. Bills have been paid. Laundry is almost done. The fridge is empty since we don’t plan to visit it for the next 10 days. It’s a lot like prepping for a vacation…because when done properly, that is exactly what the next 10 days of Fair Fueled Fun and Frivolity will be.

Here we go!!!!!  FAIR! FAIR!! FAIR!!!

 

If you see me at the Fair, be sure to
say hi! I might -- MIGHT -- even
share my snacks!

No comments: